yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ride height and Rear main oil seal question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ride height and Rear main oil seal question?

OK guys so I have a 92 ssr-x surf 2.4td auto
    So the ride height? when I got the surf the ride was far to low I was told by my local mechanic that it was just two bolts at the front that they would adjusted it when it went in for a CV replacement (on warranty we just bought it) So he made it so the front CV joints go into the wheels level I still think it looks a little low my buddy who also has a surf (but in Mexico so we can't compare) thinks it looks low still as well. it still doesn't feel right, also is the rear ride as easily adjustable because the back end looks far to low and the tires hit just backing over a curb.. the tires are 31 10.5 r 15 which are only slightly bigger than what it came with?

Next Question the rear main oil seal is leaking I was quoted £400 to replace it at a guesstimate?? cos its a auto its more complicated.. is that so and what will it do if I just keep an eye on the oil and top it up will it damage the clutch ect??

thanks guys I am a total newbee to auto gear box's and diesels.

the red button and the two battery's were fun... and I just changed the oil n filter and had to google how to get the oil filter out.. lol

Thanks in advance

GH

The original rear springs sag so look at getting new ones. What you get depends on what you want. Decide if you want standard or raised.

You will not damage the clutch because autos do not have one. It's a big job to do rear main as the transmission has to come out. Make sure the oil is from there and not just a leaking rocker cover gasket or something else.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
      The original rear springs sag so look at getting new ones. What you get depends on what you want. Decide if you want standard or raised.

You will not damage the clutch because autos do not have one. It's a big job to do rear main as the transmission has to come out. Make sure the oil is from there and not just a leaking rocker cover gasket or something else.

Nev
      ahh thanks uhh thanks again bout the clutch thang to lol

Comment

Working...
      X