Tail Gate panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tail Gate panel

Ive noticed that this panel is a bit loose and the seal is broken. Obviously water is likely to get in but Im not sure if there should be a gasket or rubber seal here
    or its just a silicon job? Also does anybody know the best way to remove this, and repair it. Can I just undo the spare mount or do I have to strip the tailgate out for access?
    Attached Files

The panel is heid from the inside by Two small bolts and two clips,that have to be sqeezed from the inside to release them IIRC. You need to strip out the winder mechanism to get to it. On my truck there is no gasket or rubber seal.
    Behind the panel is nearly all closed off aprt from two sqare openings near the top,and if water gets inside the tailgate,as long as your drain holes are clear it won't do any harm!

Regards

Mark

Comment

Thanks Mark, in that case I think Ill just seal it back up and worry about it when I take the tailgate apart to grease the runners etc.

Comment

I can't recall seeing one with any type of gasket, I think that may have been sealed by someone before.
        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Ive not opened the tailgate up yet as Ive got a couple of more important jobs to do but Im suspecting that whatever is supposed to keep the panel in place and secure has failed and the mastic/silicon is a bit of a bodge done from the outside by a previous owner. When I get time I will fix this and probably post a new thread up with some pics to show what the problem is for future reference. Thanks for comments/reply.

Comment

Working...
          X