No fan in Afghanistan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No fan in Afghanistan

Hello folks, New guy here. I have a beater 1992 Surf with the 2.4 TD that I use to travel around on my base. Unfortunately I do not have the normal resources available to me that you guys do. I have 3 issues that I am working on. One should be a fairly simple fix once I can get the parts in my hand.
    1) The A/C is inop (compressor is locked up, cut high pressure hose)

2) Check engine light is on. I have a code 4 and also an 11.
    The code 4 ,I found a green wire going to the water temp sensor is cut by the timing belt cover. I am not sure where this wire is supposed to go? I did notice a triangular shaped connector just below the A/C compressor is open and there is nothing that is connected to it?

3) The heater/ A/C fan is inop. I did notice 2 relays and 2 blade type fuses but I found what appears to be a slot where a maxi fuse goes but there is no fuse? If there is a fuse that belongs there can someone tell me what fuse belongs there? Thanks for the help.

Ok guys, I figured out the fan. The slot that there was no fuse in was the completed the circuit and now the fan works just fine. Now, I want to work towards fixing the fault code 4. Is there a picture of a 2.4td engine or can someone circle the connector iof a picture under the hood that this wire goes to? I am thinking this should cure my check engine light fault.

Comment

Hi Mate,
      If you go into the "general section" and introduce yourself you might get a few more helpful answers as this thread may get missed
      And welcome by the way...
      I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tonupteabag View Post
        Hi Mate,
        If you go into the "general section" and introduce yourself you might get a few more helpful answers as this thread may get missed
        And welcome by the way...

Comment

I'm hoping I can get a under hood picture of a 2.4 TD . Mainly focusing on the wiring and wiring connector ends.

Comment

Other option is to post a pic of yours and give people an idea of where you are looking.

I'd do mine but it no longer has the 2.4 under the hood

Comment

Hi Larry, welcome on board.
              Here's some photos that might help you out....
              http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/24lteparts.htm

Also, have a look here for repairs/maintenance....
              http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/24table.htm

and here for almost everything else.........
              http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/downloads.htm

p.s. The triangular shaped connectors are for the original front shocks, if they've been replaced with non Toyota shocks then the plugs are not used so get left dangling.

A/C electrics/fuses are up behind the glovebox.

Comment

Code 4 is the ECU Coolant Sensor above starter and under manifold. Very difficult to see. Ignore code 11 for now and fix the sensor. Clear codes, drive again and recheck codes.

Nev

Comment

Thank you everyone for the help. Those links are really helpful to keeping this vehicle alive in this wasteland.

Comment

Working...
                  X