Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excessive negative camber

Hi guys
    I bought my surf before christmas already lifted with 33's on. The camber on the front is very negative and eating the inside of the tyres away, and I would like to sort this problem out.
    It appears the previous owner has raised the car by at least 4 inches, but I can only see some small ball joint spacers in the top joints, meaning the rest of the lift has been by cranking the torsion bars.
    In just over 2000 miles My new top ball joints are split.

The rear suspension has 2 inch spring spacers and I presume bigger springs

Would removing the rear spring spacers while bringing down the front torsion bars by 2 inches, then fitting a bodylift help my camber problem, or should I be looking at something else?

Sorry for the essay, and thanks in advance for your help

If BJ spacers have been fitted and the steering geometry wasn't re-done, that's part of your problem. The Torsion bars may have been wound up too far as well. Wind them down by an inch and have the geometry checked.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Thanks for the fast response.
      The car already sits lower at the front as it is, but I shall give it a go
      Cheers
      Chris

Comment

If it's sitting lower at the front with BJ's and you say the TB's are wound up, then you've got some serious "springage" on the rear! mine has NO BJ's, roughtrax plus 2's and 2" coil spacers It sits, to the eye, nice and level.

Maybe the TB's aren't wound up as far as you believe. Have you got much downward suspension travel?

BTW, countering Albannach's statement, I have very even tyre wear with the the TB's wound up right to the bump stops. I've not had any geometry altered.
        I think the problems in the alignment after the Bj spacers were fitted.
        "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
        www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Thrifty is replying now, he'll tell you exactly what's wrong with your truck.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
            Thrifty is replying now, he'll start telling you about something

else.
            fixed that for ya...
            "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
            www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by Thrifty
              tell me direct by PM like albannach did, which helped me imensly to understand.
              Just to temporaily remove my filter. I didn't contact you; you contacted me, I ignored it.
              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Wow, It's all going on in here!
                I shall take some pictures this weekend and post them up here. If anybody needs to see anything specific, let me know and I will try and find it

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                  Thrifty is replying now, he'll tell you exactly what's wrong with your truck.
                  That's not a great deal different to Thrifty's post about Andy the other day. By all means pull apart a bullshit reply, but don't start it.

The rules have to apply to evereyone to work.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                  X