2.8D timing belt 200k replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.8D timing belt 200k replacement

Hi all, new to this site. Just wondering if anybody had info on replacing the timing belt on my 2.8 diesel as it's now due? I was also having trouble starting it up, especially on cold mornings. I replaced the glow plugs and now it starts first kick. Amazing. Cheers Turtle

Originally posted by Turtle
    Hi all, new to this site. Just wondering if anybody had info on replacing the timing belt on my 2.8 diesel as it's now due? I was also having trouble starting it up, especially on cold mornings. I replaced the glow plugs and now it starts first kick. Amazing. Cheers Turtle
    Turtle.

Have a look at this link http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/timingbelt.htm
    This is the timing belt replacement procedure for the 2.4TD. The 2.8 is fundamentally the same engine as far as I remember (the 3L is basically the same block and head as the 2L) except there is no Turbo. The timing gear is pretty much the same so the replacement procedure should be approx the same. Will be a bit easier though as there are less pipes to remove (no Turbo so no coolant pipes to the turbo tom move out of the way).

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
    X