Fitting, across body, rear seatbelts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitting, across body, rear seatbelts

Hi guys, Ive just purchased a full set of seat belts from Ebay, removed from a '93 surf, for £10 + £10 p&p. Very happy bunny!

Now I just need some pointers on fitting the rear belts please, as they are the only ones I actually wanted, but at that price would have been rude not to get them!

I've done a search, but not many threads on this & no pics. I'm better with visual instructions. Any help would be greatly appreciated..
    It's only kinky the first time...

When you lift / fold your rear seats you should have all the visuals you need !
    It really is a straightforward one for one swap!
    Change one part at a time so you dont get muddled with what goes where!
    Good luck

Alan
    www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

The only problem Karen you will have is if you only got lap belts in the rear as yo will need to remove the large panels in the boot area and cut out a section for the belts to pass through
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
        The only problem Karen you will have is if you only got lap belts in the rear as yo will need to remove the large panels in the boot area and cut out a section for the belts to pass through
        I did this to my truck last summer and there was a little removable trim piece (approx 2/3") where the new belt will exit the side panel. Hopefully your set of belts will have the new bit of trim that you need. But you will still have to remove the large side panels to fit the spool part of the fittings. If the fronts work fine and are surplus to requirements i may be interested in buying them from you as mine are slow to retract.

Hope you get sorted easily
        Dazza
        Non consternationes.

Comment

Hi guys, thanks for the comments. There are indeed two small panels that I assumed are where the belts come out. I do only have lap belts at the mo, so I know it'll be a bit more involved. I shall have fun figuring out where to start removing the panels & how! Then figuring out where the roller bit should be attached to. It needs to be something solid, obviously. There is also a long arm that needs to attach where the belt comes out that i need to double check the positioning of too.

So many questions, for something so reasonably simple, but I want to get it right & not drive myself nuts in the process!

The front belts will indeed be surplus. I'll check the postage cost tomorrow for you. Would £10 + postage be ok for you?

Also gonna have a sort out of bits I've accumilated so there may be more coming!

Comment

Just take your time taking off the rear panels Karen as the clips will tend to break.Once the panels are off you should see behind the seats where the main part of the belt bolts to
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted Instigator View Post
              Hi guys, thanks for the comments. There are indeed two small panels that I assumed are where the belts come out. I do only have lap belts at the mo, so I know it'll be a bit more involved. I shall have fun figuring out where to start removing the panels & how! Then figuring out where the roller bit should be attached to. It needs to be something solid, obviously. There is also a long arm that needs to attach where the belt comes out that i need to double check the positioning of too.

So many questions, for something so reasonably simple, but I want to get it right & not drive myself nuts in the process!

The front belts will indeed be surplus. I'll check the postage cost tomorrow for you. Would £10 + postage be ok for you?

Also gonna have a sort out of bits I've accumilated so there may be more coming!

£10 would be sound but i'm not in any rush for them. If you still have them in the summer, how about bring em to avalanche? Would you be able to fit them in the back of the car with all the vodka and malibu?
              Non consternationes.

Comment

Originally posted by dazandcaz View Post
                £10 would be sound but i'm not in any rush for them. If you still have them in the summer, how about bring em to avalanche? Would you be able to fit them in the back of the car with all the vodka and malibu?
                Ha ha ha, yeah, I can bring em along to Avalanche no problem mate. As for the vodka & malibu, well, vodka maybe but not really a malibu drinker. More the spiced rum for me! Or beer of course!

Mind you, Julie's measures of the malibu & pineapple last year were pretty good I must say & brought back a few memories!...

Comment

Go me!! Seat belts now done! With many thanks to Honest Al & TonyN for all their help & pictures.

It took me just under two hours, but that's mainly because I've broken my coccyx (tail bone). And I managed to only break one pin as well. Feel extremely chuffed with myself now.

Thanks again for all the help guys, it really was appreciated...

Comment

Working...
                  X