Map sensor ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map sensor ?

Hi can anyone tell me where the map sensor is on my 1992 2lte diesil surf I have found somthing behind the air box with tubes going to it is this it ?

Also browsing this site a few people are on about a turbo pressure sensor. After researching this I have found this does the samething as a map sensor but takes into account for the turbo. Is this fitted instead of a typical map sensor or alongside one ?

I'm looking to fit a map sensor enhancer to improve my hho system looking on this site people are using stop taps on their turbo sensor pipes to improve Mpg this makes the engine run lean. Exactly like a map sensor enhancer. reading about turbo sensors as mentioned above you can buy adjustable turbo boost kits which In essence makes the car run lean too all three have the same outcome am I right ?

So are map sensors and turbo pressure sensors basically the same thing ?

The same goes for map sensor enhances and turbo boost regulators are they the same thing ?

Sorry for all the questions im new to all this modding.

Turbo pressure Sensor on the air box is what you are looking for.

Nev

Comment

and welcome,
      tell us how you get on with it (hho kit)
      the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Thanks nev have now found it. It was hiding behind the intercooler I fitted ! No wonder i couldn't find it.

I will update you Budweiser on the hho although it might take a while as having to order the map sensor enhancer from America as the ones over there are far better.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkSkelton View Post
          Thanks nev have now found it. It was hiding behind the intercooler I fitted ! No wonder i couldn't find it.

I will update you Budweiser on the hho although it might take a while as having to order the map sensor enhancer from America as the ones over there are far better.
          ok any pics of what have you done so far?, see that motor of yours!
          the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Working...
          X