Oil Change and fuel filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Change and fuel filter

Could any one help please I am going to change the oil this weekend in my 3.0lt 96 surf. I have been in Halfords and was going to buy some semi synthetic magnetec 10/40 GTD turbo diesel oil would this be ok or is there another sort which would be better. Also they have normal semi synthetic magnetec on sale could I use this and what is the difference between the diesel and normal.

I am also going to change the fuel filter the bloke where I bought it from says that it is self bleeding which I have never find works where is the best place to bleed the fuel system.
    Peachy
    3.0TD
    New Gen

Save yourself some money and go to a motor factors and buy Comma Eurodiesel semi synthetic , it's much cheaper than halfrauds .

Comment

Originally posted by Peachy
      Could any one help please I am going to change the oil this weekend in my 3.0lt 96 surf. I have been in Halfords and was going to buy some semi synthetic magnetec 10/40 GTD turbo diesel oil would this be ok or is there another sort which would be better. Also they have normal semi synthetic magnetec on sale could I use this and what is the difference between the diesel and normal.

I am also going to change the fuel filter the bloke where I bought it from says that it is self bleeding which I have never find works where is the best place to bleed the fuel system.
      engine oil intended for diesels contains detergents. Personally i'd go for a semi-synthetic diesel oil, and change regular, every 3000miles.
      [COLOR=red]Simon [/COLOR] '91 2.4td ssr-x

Comment

Originally posted by Peachy
        Bleed all the air from the filter by filling it with nice clean diesel before you screw it onto the receiver. Bolt the receiver back into place with the 2 12mm nuts, noting the arrows on the receiver ports, stick on the line coming from the tank, give the hand pump a few quick blasts and all going well you should get a healthy squirt of juice, hold the other fuel line up to the diesel you are squirting all over the place and wait a few seconds as it fills up then stick it onto its mount, hand pump a few more times then after a few seconds of cranking she should fire up all going well.

Caviat: If you like us have a hand pump from outer space which only works depending on the lunar cycle, dont worry, just fill the fuel line to the diesel pump with a small jug, then stick it where it belongs and crank the engine.

Comment

Working...
        X