ARB D bracket bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARB D bracket bolts

Went to replace the rear ARB bushes yesterday and I've manage to shear off 3 out of the 4 bolts,which leaves me unable to mount the new bushes.As a result the ARB is now off and in the barn. As my truck is mainly a road goer,I'd really like it back on. Question is,has anyone had the same issue and what did you do to sort it? I thought about drilling them through but space is limited and the captive nut needs to come off as well I think!
    Thoughts appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

Well I never busted 3, but I did bust one, and despite the space constraints I managed to drill and tap through the captive nut, so it stayed on but with a nicely tapped out thread in it. Not easy, but definitely do able.
    Сви можемо

Comment

I used a cold chisel and and hammer to remove the captive nuts.

Rob.

Comment

Lots of WD40, heat and gently does it normally gets them out, but it does happens lots, they are a pain. You can drill one side ok, but fuel tank is in the way on other, I bought a 90 deg drill thing for drilling them out.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
          Well I never busted 3
          Yeh I did well there did'nt I?
          Although to be honest I hardly put any pressure on them.I think part it's due to some of the poor quality metal that Toyota used to build these machines.
          I did think about chiseling the nuts off,which would work for the lowers,but the top one will not give enough swinging room.
          It's pretty much as I thought,there is'nt going to be an easy way,so it might end up being a spring time job.

Cheers

Mark

Comment

Just leave it off, with uprated rear coils you will never notice any difference.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

TBH Tony The runner had LC springs, and one of the droplinks was missing all the time I had it,and, as you say I never missed it.I'm just unsure if the picky frogs will see it as a problem when it comes to MOT time. Actually I'm quite looking forward to seeing him again because he told me flat that all chassis numbers the world over are 17 Digits!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                Just leave it off, with uprated rear coils you will never notice any difference.
                My sentiments ....precisely Tony

10+ Years of Surfs .... n Faultless to a " T " is my Yota
                Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
                X