squeak !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• squeak !!

Evening all, my trucks osf suspension has started squeaking over bumps . Now I've had my mate bounce up and down on the suspension while I had I hunt around for the noise . It seems to be coming from the upper suspension arm inner bushes .I tried to be certain by spraying them with penatrating oil to stop the squeak but it won't stop . Which make me think maybe it has something to do with the tortion bars were they bolt to the top arms . Has anybody had experience of this before? thanks for any advice in advance
    Always up to my neck in it

It sounds stupid but squirt the oil into the anti roll bar bushes bolted onto the chassis and see what happens.

After last winter I had a suspension squeak and re-greasing those fixed it!
    I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

Thanks for the idea but I have already tried that . I'm sure its coming from the upper suspension arms but to be defo sure I'm going to remove the the arb bushes and grease them and refit them. And I have a new set of front shocks to put on but I don't think that will solve it

Comment

Originally posted by ezza24 View Post
        Thanks for the idea but I have already tried that . I'm sure its coming from the upper suspension arms but to be defo sure I'm going to remove the the arb bushes and grease them and refit them. And I have a new set of front shocks to put on but I don't think that will solve it
        Have you removed the top shock bushings and bounced it, they usually perish first.

Comment

No but I did try lubricating them and It didn't help I'm sure its defo not the ball joints either I only replaced them about 5 months ago

Comment

Ok I take back my last post, after having another look tonight the squeak seems to be coming from the upper ball joint , I always keep the joints well greased . Now in the few miles I drive to work and back each day I don't think I ever put the truck on full lock in either direction, and by just turning the steering lock to lock several times tonight the noise has almost all totally gone guna pump a bit of extra grease through it tomorrow and I hope that's it thank for the advice peeps

Comment

Working...
            X