Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel filter

hi all

just to find if anyone knows why a have a universal fuel filter on my surf (works fine) it has been there since a got the truck av hooked it up to the old filter pumped/primed it and the truck ran for a few mins then cut out so changed the filter thinking it was cloged up still the same then went and got a new pump (the bit you use to prime it ) with new filter and it still duzny work any help on this would be fantastic

"just to find if anyone knows why a have a universal fuel filter on my surf (works fine)"

Doesn't make any sense, especially if the fuels not getting through, try cracking an injector pipe to see if the fuels getting through, if not have a look at this universal jobby to see if you have it installed right, it could have a non return valve and be in the wrong way around.

You can also have issues with the tank not breathing, loud hiss from the fuel cap when you open it means theres a vacuum in there, see if it runs fine with the cap off, if so drill a small hole in the cap or sort the breather tube, think its under a plate on the back seat. Could also be crap in the tank blocking the pick up filter, same place as the last bit, remove plate on tank n clean. H

Comment

thanx for your reply

the truck is running fine with this uni fuel filter its when a connect it back up to the standard filter that it cuts out (altho wen it drops a little past the 1/4 tank it some times can be hard to start) i would like to try and find out the problem as its not the way that it is ment to be and mite help the fuel

Comment

Working...
      X