Oil leak maybe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil leak maybe?

I changed the radiator today, easy job(many thanks to roughtrax) but after putting all the pipes back on I noticed a large amount of oil on both the engine guard and all over the bottom right side of the engine and steering. It's coming from half way up below the power steering reservoir and I don't think it's engine oil. I am guessing it's power steering fluid but not sure. Has anyone else came across this problem and know where its coming from?

PAS fluid level goes up and down from lock to lock - quite often numbties fill them up and first time on full lock it all comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkey View Post
      I changed the radiator today, easy job(many thanks to roughtrax) but after putting all the pipes back on I noticed a large amount of oil on both the engine guard and all over the bottom right side of the engine and steering. It's coming from half way up below the power steering reservoir and I don't think it's engine oil. I am guessing it's power steering fluid but not sure. Has anyone else came across this problem and know where its coming from?
      If the oil was'nt there before you changed the rad, it'll be tranny fluid
      from the two small pipes running to either side of the bottom radiator
      tank.
      Still on a mission.

Comment

Originally posted by Bazcam View Post
        If the oil was'nt there before you changed the rad, it'll be tranny fluid
        from the two small pipes running to either side of the bottom radiator
        tank.
        Spotted it as soon as I took the engine plate off, before I done the radiator

Comment

Leaking power steering pump. Roughtrax do a seal kit for it.

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
            Leaking power steering pump. Roughtrax do a seal kit for it.
            It's very very common on the 3.0's
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
            X