Brake Problem!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake Problem!

Anyone got any ideas why I keep losing brake pressure while going over uneven ground? On normal roads it is fine but when I press pedal on uneven ground I end up having to pump the pedal to get it to stop! I have tried bleeding the system but it keeps happening! Baffled!

Rav

is jeep level when its happening and the wheels are uneven or the nose pointing up or down or tilted left or right

Comment

Fairly level - it just seems to happen when I go over the potholes etc on the country/backroads!

Comment

Originally posted by Ravenelli69 View Post
        Anyone got any ideas why I keep losing brake pressure while going over uneven ground? On normal roads it is fine but when I press pedal on uneven ground I end up having to pump the pedal to get it to stop! I have tried bleeding the system but it keeps happening! Baffled!

Rav
        Have a look bat the chassis, just in front of the Offside rear wheel, see if it's wet.

Originally posted by keato View Post
        is jeep level when its happening and the wheels are uneven or the nose pointing up or down or tilted left or right
        This is a Hilux Surf forum, mate, Jeeps are irrelevant here.
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Apologies for only coming back now! Problem solved, it turned out to be a problem where the brake lines meet (in the rear of the jeep near the drivers side rear wheel - load spring is attached to it). Not sure of the correct terminology of what the part is called but basically it seized up because the jeep had been lying up for a couple of weeks! WD40 and some adjustment and hey presto its sorted! Brakes work fine so no more scary moments! Thanks for your advice, Rav

Comment

Originally posted by Ravenelli69 View Post
            Apologies for only coming back now! Problem solved, it turned out to be a problem where the brake lines meet (in the rear of the jeep near the drivers side rear wheel - load spring is attached to it). Not sure of the correct terminology of what the part is called but basically it seized up because the jeep had been lying up for a couple of weeks! WD40 and some adjustment and hey presto its sorted! Brakes work fine so no more scary moments! Thanks for your advice, Rav
            On a Surf it's called the LSPV (Load Sensing Proportional Valve) I don't know what they're called on JEEPS though!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              On a Surf it's called the LSPV (Load Sensing Proportional Valve) I don't know what they're called on JEEPS though!
              Well i had my money on andy correcting him. "again"
              If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

I was busy this evening. Apologies
                Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Working...
                X