Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3ltr autobox probs

Hi guys,
    Have had my surf for about a month now and all was going well up until yesterday. Took it out in the morning and all was fine, went to use it last night and wasn't getting any drive. I tried in all gears and nothing. When putting back into park I'm getting a strange noise from the gearbox which sounds like something electrical straining. I've never had an auto before and don't know much about them. Can anyone point me in the right direction? it's a 93 ssrv 3ltr auto.I've checked the oil level and all ok.(oil was replaced about a week ago) I'm going to drop the sump down tomorrow and see if there's anything obvious going on.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Make sure you havn't knocked the 4WD lever into neutral.

Did you check the level with the engine running? Needs to be in P with engine idling.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Pull the short gear lever back towards the driver's seat before starting the engine.

Comment

Yeah I check the oil level with the engine running. Have also checked that the 4wd isn't in neutral. Will get under it this afternoon and have a look around to see if there's anything obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by damo666 View Post
          Yeah I check the oil level with the engine running. Have also checked that the 4wd isn't in neutral. Will get under it this afternoon and have a look around to see if there's anything obvious.
          You say you checked that the transfer box wasn't in neutral, but di you pull the lever back towards the seat? What happend when you started the engine and selected drive (D) after that?

If still no drive then it'll most likely be the ECU.
          You can unplug the multi-wire connector on the passenger side of the transmission and see if you get gears by manually shifting from L up to D.
          Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 31 December 2011, 14:05.

Comment

Ok, just been back down to the truck, checked the transfer lever was pulled all the way back......it moved back a bit more!!! Started her up and stuck it into drive and we had movement..Will take it out for a drive in a min to check it out properly. Thanks for your help guys. I'm off to hide my embarrassment.

Comment

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
              X