Heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so what happened

Is this recall just for 2.4 or does it effect 3.0L?, what was you outcome?

Comment

Originally posted by RobF
      Is this recall just for 2.4 or does it effect 3.0L?, what was you outcome?
      not got back to me, i wasnt expecting them to though but they gave me a reference number, so i'll ring them this week, daft thing is they say nothing to do with us, then ask the for the english registration number which is obviously no good to someone sitting in an office in japan who they tell you they have to get in touch with to find out as its only been on the vehicle while its been in this country, i had to say to her wouldnt you be better with the chassis number
      [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
      [size=5][/size]
      [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Cylinder heads

Hello people,
        Has anyone got a head bolt tightening sequence for the 2.4, you guessed it my head has given up.....
        Regards Dave
        How much!

Comment

Originally posted by "Koi
          The very kind lady at Toyota said they have just received a letter back from Toyota Japan and it reads..............We can confirm that engine number LN130??????? frame number ????????? was not on the list for recalls under the local service recall notice.
          Do you have a copy of the letter from Japan? Or just the ladies word?

I'm riding around now watching the temp gauge just waiting for the inevitable.
          Ian
          One day my paranoia will go away!

Comment

Originally posted by icsys
            Do you have a copy of the letter from Japan? Or just the ladies word?

I'm riding around now watching the temp gauge just waiting for the inevitable.
            Only the ladies word, I didn't really expect them to say yes ok bring it and we will do it. It was more out of curiosity of what they would say really, by the time they got back to me the we had put the new head in anyway.
            Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
            My choice
            Back off

Comment

It would seem that Toyota (anywhere but GB) are happy to fix the cylinder head fault for their owners:-

Toyota (North america)
              "To find out whether your 4Runner/Truck has had the headgasket fixed, give your VIN number to your dealer, or call Toyota's helpline. If your head gasket has not been fixed, they should still honor the campaign and fix any damage free of charge, this includes a new engine if the block is damaged. "
              Ian

Comment

It would seem that Toyota (anywhere but GB) are happy to fix the cylinder head fault for their owners:-

Toyota (North america)
                "To find out whether your 4Runner/Truck has had the headgasket fixed, give your VIN number to your dealer, or call Toyota's helpline. If your head gasket has not been fixed, they should still honor the campaign and fix any damage free of charge, this includes a new engine if the block is damaged. "
                great britain innit always at the back of the queue
                [size=5][/size]
                [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Fraid so, but this is obviously a global thing so why Toyota (GB) are acting dumb is a fair question to ask.
                  Ian

Comment

Fraid so, but this is obviously a global thing so why Toyota (GB) are acting dumb is a fair question.
                    they are not so much acting dumb just awkward, because the surfs are imports and they wasnt made for the uk market, unlike the 4 runner
                    [size=5][/size]

Comment

Toyota (North america)
                      Its back to the same old thing though, should they be resposable for vehicle not designed for the UK market? The above service campagne is still for vehicles sold officially in the US, Toyota GB will do this for UK 4Runners as well. Our V6 4Runner had its Head Gaskets done free of charge 3 years ago when the truck was 7 years old, because it was a offical UK car. Its gonna take a huge leap of generosisty for Toyota GB to do work on non-GB cars, especially as they have probebly worked out how many acually need doing and what it will cost them.

Take a 2.4TD Surf into a US Toyota dealer and they probebly won't even know what it is!
                      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I'm sure many 2.4 owners would just be glad to know if their vehicle was subject to a recall and if the work was undertaken. I would have assumed that if the vehicle was NOT on a recall list then there should not be a problem. (could be wrong - but I hope not)

My reference to 'acting dumb' was really aimed at the fact that it would be nice to be able to find this info out without having to beg or browbeat the TCR staff for it, as seems to be the case from reading this thread.

Perhaps its better to leave this subject alone now. (for a while at least)
                        Ian

Comment

I'm sure many 2.4 owners would just be glad to know if their vehicle was subject to a recall and if the work was undertaken. I would have assumed that if the vehicle was NOT on a recall list then there should not be a problem. (could be wrong - but I hope not)

My reference to 'acting dumb' was really aimed at the fact that it would be nice to be able to find this info out without having to beg or browbeat the TCR staff for it, as seems to be the case from reading this thread.

Perhaps its better to leave this subject alone now. (for a while at least)
                          yeah we will.......till tomorrow!!!!!!!
                          [size=5][/size]

Comment

Its back to the same old thing though, should they be responsable for vehicle not designed for the UK market. it must be uk air that effects head then or uk drivers it must state that in the warranty.
                            its just a load of cobblers
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                            (")_(")

Comment

sounds like sore heads
                              S S R G is the only way to surf

scottish mud club member kerelawsurf

Comment

Originally posted by jeff.fn02jwa
                                sounds like sore heads
                                All of a sudden people are replying to very Ancient threads. VERY STRANGE
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                                (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                                X