Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shake, rattle and roll!!

Hi to you all once again.

As the title may tell you my trusty steed has a wobble!! She wanders a bit on a straight road, she shakes between 60 and 70 and sometimes shakes on braking. I have 16" wheels with off road tyres and from what I can see the discs are almost new, any ideas what I should be looking at?

Many thanks, Kevin

Have the wheels been balanced? Or have the weights. One off etc? Could be something as simple as that, just because discs look quite new, doesn't mean they aren't warped, if used for heavy braking and then brakes held on once at a standstill this will cause warping on brand new discs as heat dissipation will be different across the discs surface. Does the brake pedal move up and down slightly while braking? Another cause could be damaged hubs? Have you hit any curbs or been off roading much?
    www.apmautos.com

Comment

Wheel balancing.

Are your nuts tight?
      Is the wheel centred on the hub properly?
      Is the hub tight?

Basically start from the outside and work in.

But a "speed specific" wobble generally is down to tyre wear and or balancing.

If you've got uneven tyre wear then you need to look at why, and that may point to your problem.

HTH
      "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
      www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

I got my wheels lug balanced - vibes went away.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
          Wheel balancing..

If you've got uneven tyre wear then you need to look at why, and that may point to your problem.

HTH
          I bought a new pair of tyres the the front of mine before the mud Luggers went on. They balanced up lovely and all wobble went away, including under braking.

Comment

Working...
          X