Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tranny & Tcase

Hello All -

After a lot of troubleshooting and replaced parts I've come to the conclusion that my transfer case needs to be rebuilt on my 93 Surf 2L-TE. Some gear or bearing is making a lot of noise in there. The rear of the truck has been rebuilt completely, the front is fine as are the drive shafts and the tranny shifts fine leaving the tcase. I've also ran the truck on the lift and the sound from outside seems to be coming from there. Anyways, I'm trying to figure out what to do. The plate on the truck says the tranny is an A343F. Now I'm in Canada so all the 4Runners around here have the A340H I believe it is, I have a 95 4R V6 auto in the yard so I'll go check tomorrow. I also have a pulled 95 V6 tranny/tcase but its manual.

Guess my question is what should I do? Would there be anything here in Canada I could possibly get one off of or do I need to rebuild it? I'm guessing I won't find a rebuild kit around here either. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I'm gonna call the local guy that deals with surfs and see if he by chance has something kicking around or can order me in something.

Found online that these might be an option: Land Cruiser 1999-2003, Tundra 2/1999-2004, Sequoia 9/2000-2006 | Lexus LX 470 and GX 470, FJ Cruisers, Tacoms, 4runners and Tundras

Thanks!

-Steve
    Last edited by turbo_steve; 23 November 2011, 07:38.

I guess it ain't too old of a thread man but I believe I am having a very similar issue!
    I have a SAS surf and I'm sure my t-case is what's making the racket!
    I wanna ditch the chain drive and go with an old gear drive possibly duals! But I can't find any info on what trannies will work or bolt pattern similarities
    Do i have to ditch the auto and go with a manual?

I would like to know if I can use a R150F or G58 behind a 2LTE since they seem common and if I search any thing on my tranny I get jeep AW4 threads

I hope u can help a fellow Canadian surf owner!
    mmmmmm....... muuud

Comment

Working...
    X