yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP ME! Where is this noise coming from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP ME! Where is this noise coming from?

Hi guys

im new to this site and am new to owning a hilux, i have a 2nd gen 3.0 and its an alright runner nothing wrong apart from the saggy rear end but its fixable.
    The thing that is really getting on my nerves is a violent rattle coming from inside the car around the gearbox shifter and its plastic surround it is the sort of sound you get when plastic is hitting on plastic only when the engine idles and more so if its in drive.

i am aware that i am driving a 3L diesel and the car tends to shake a little more than a petrol, but this rattle has got to go.

has anyone else had the same rattle??

check video on youtube for sound.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrS20R5YuTM
    video is of the car idling accelerating to 20 then braking to a stop
    Yes it's a V8, don't you know I'm loco?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrS20R5YuTM

Same link, just clickable.

My 4WD button buzzed like crazy after the body lift, I have wrapped tape over it and problem gone.

Can't be sure if this is same noise from your clip - yours sounds a little more metallic, but could just be the Mic. lightly touch the 4WD button and feel if its vibrating...
    "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
    www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Cheers

Thanks for your advice, your right it does sound metallic I will check my 4wd button regardless.

I took the plastic surround off today and tightened all the screws and bolts holding the gear sticks down, there were quite a few loose so I'll see how that goes.

Thanks

Comment

I had a bad buzzing noise coming fron the lower dash area on my 3.0. I took the radio facia off while fitting a new radio and found the heater control cable was buzzing really bad against the bulk head. You can reach it from above the peddles too. I also silicone sealed anything that was loose. Tied cable etc.
        Much better!

Comment

My 4wd button has always had an elastic band round it, when i first got the truck it had a hair band which i removed and binned only to find out why it was there, postie bands are good and free cus they just chuck the little feckers on the floor as they waltz up the road.....
          My select shaft rattles too, specially at idle, but grab it firmly and it stops i told her...... cannot be arsed to fit new bushes just rest me hand on it......
          Remember arrows are silent.....................
          Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

Comment

Cheers guys since originally writing this post I have pin pointed that the noise is coming from the transfer box or stick still don't know how to cure it :-(

My mechanical skills are limited so may have to take it to someone

Comment

Try this link - it may solve your problem. The bushes are very easy to change and (for Toyota) very cheap too:

http://toyotasurf.asn.au/forum/viewt...er+bush#152839

Comment

Originally posted by yorta2 View Post
                Try this link - it may solve your problem. The bushes are very easy to change and (for Toyota) very cheap too:

http://toyotasurf.asn.au/forum/viewt...er+bush#152839
                Nice 1 Bill, spoze after nearly 4 years I ought ta do mine as me gear indicator lamp has just gone out
                Worth waiting for I thought, now 2 repair jobs for the time of one ......

10+ Years of Surfs .... My Yota is faultless to a " T "
                Buncefield Burner

Comment

Cheers man

Comment

Working...
                  X