Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stopping issues....

As ever,eager for your inputs.

Ok Lifted bonnet to start the blowing exhaust check,which actually was a collapsed intake hose...
    Saw how muddy it was and as I was cleaning the truck anyway gave the engine bay ,front axles and rear axles and wheels a real good clean with the jet wash.

Bodged intake hose and went for a drive.

Brake pedal went straight to the deck and brake lamp up on dash.
    Brakes do sort of stop the truck but not really feeling the foot to the floor style.

I am personally hoping that the issue is with the soaking I gave it and with the heat of the engine it will dry out and be working ok ,assuming this is not the case any pointers as to where I should start first?
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Obviously you've checked the fluid level?
    Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

If the brake warning light is on (with the parking brake released) then it's either low fluid or loss of vacuum.

Comment

Fluid level and brakes in general were ok before pressure washing and had checked discs and pads weekend before.
        loss of vacuum?
        Highly likely that I have disturbed one of the vacuum hoses cleaning the engine bay or possibly the hoses going to the reservoir tank in the front wheel arch.
        Attached Files
        Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Vacuum issues won't make the pedal go to the floor.

Have a look in the O/S wheel arch, see if the chassis is wet.
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

What would that indicate?
            Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
              What would that indicate?
              Leaking brake pipes, where they go up the chassis behind the fuel tank. It's a reasonably common failure mode.
              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Thanks for the probable causes,will inspect tomorrow,truck up on ramps and pumping brake peddle should push some brake fluid about ,weird that the fluid level is still at "max" and that it only occurred after pressure washing the engine bay and chassis?
                Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                  Leaking brake pipes, where they go up the chassis behind the fuel tank. It's a reasonably common failure mode.
                  Looking down out of the bedroom window at my poorly Surf spotted a very interesting trail of stains on the tarmac,got my apprentice to sit in the truck and pump what was left of the brake fluid and yes Albannach you were spot on, brake lines in corner of chassis was where the leak was gushing from.

Thanks again.

p.s anyone want to change the brake lines for me looks like a really easy five minute job
                  Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Is it one of he rubber ones .... if so get the extended ones from roughtrax and you are prepared for doing the lifts

OH and they are steel braided
                    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
                      Is it one of he rubber ones .... if so get the extended ones from roughtrax and you are prepared for doing the lifts

OH and they are steel braided
                      Oh I so wish it was one of the rubber ones,but alas it is the fuel tank out ones,getting some quotes.....
                      Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
                        Oh I so wish it was one of the rubber ones,but alas it is the fuel tank out ones,getting some quotes.....
                        I usually just cut the pipes either side of the tank and just run new hoses from front to back, and poke them down the side of the tank to save all the hassle of taking it out.
                        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Don't suppose anyone knows what thread the brake fittings are ? M10x1.0 or M10x1.5?
                          Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Working...
                          X