Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hilux Auto gearbox failure

Hi there
    Has anyone heard of issues with the Autogear box in a 59 plate hilux?
    My hilux has covered 38,000 miles, it is 2 years old, it has a full toyota history, it tows a small 4 wheel trailer 4 times a year with no more than a ton on, yet on Monday I was driving without a trailer and the amber engine light came on along with the flashing skidding car symbol...I pulled over immediately, rang my dealer and told them about the lights and that I could smell oil...
    I check the engine oil which was fine.
    Dealer told me to bring it into the garage the next morning which I did.
    There we no warning lights on the following morning and the car drove to the dealers and they drove it too onto the ramps.
    I was told it was an oil seal and they would fix it...
    Then I had 3 calls from them asking about what I towed and when and was the trailer braked etc???
    Then I got a call yesterday saying it needed a new gearbox? This would be £6k and the good news was that Toyota Techinical would authorise it as I had NEGLECTED the vehicle...by driving it with an amber light and having been told by the garage to drive it in!
    This car has not towed anything since August and between then and now it has been into the same dealer for 2 seperate recalls, both times seeing it placed on their ramps...so what can I do?
    It is two years into a 3 year warranty (With turned to 5 just a week after I bought it)
    It has a full history and it is used as a car!
    Please help...any similar issues with transmission overheating or gearbox failures?
    Thanks
Working...
X