Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Seats

Hi There

The front seats in my baby, although in pretty great nick are a bit soft an leading to a sore lower back on long drives.

Anyone know of a decent set of nice looking seats that would basically be a straight swap / minimal modification and give better support.

Cheers

Rick

Subaru impreza bucket seats fit nicely, 3 bolt holes line up perfect just 1 needs a bit of modding
    PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by animal View Post
      Subaru impreza bucket seats fit nicely, 3 bolt holes line up perfect just 1 needs a bit of modding
      what year??
      the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Classic shape imprezas, pre 2000 .
        PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

what about the recaro's from an SSRG

Mine are really comfy..

Comment

Originally posted by lawsy View Post
            what about the recaro's from an SSRG

Mine are really comfy..
            hen's teeth
            the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Originally posted by budweiser View Post
              hen's teeth
              not really - mine were really tatty, so i searched on ebay and found a set in good condition - they arent always advertised as surf ones - i then sold on just my old seats so I now have a spare set of Recaro runners for a surf that i could be persuaded to part with, then pretty much any recaro (at least ones that the holes line up with) can be easily bolted to them..

Comment

Just got my hands on some Celica Gen 7 seats, apparently they fit really well.

Anyone for some Gen 2 seats?

Comment

Originally posted by Rixtar View Post
                  Just got my hands on some Celica Gen 7 seats, apparently they fit really well.

Anyone for some Gen 2 seats?
                  That's what I have.... Top choice and comfy for hours and hours of driving on our last trip....

You will need to cut the feet off the org seats and weld on gen 7 rails.

Don't think anyone will want your org seats minus feet though...
                  .... Which was nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Overland Tonka View Post
                    That's what I have.... Top choice and comfy for hours and hours of driving on our last trip....

You will need to cut the feet off the org seats and weld on gen 7 rails.

Don't think anyone will want your org seats minus feet though...
                    Any chance of some fitting tips / photos? would be much appreciated.

will do a step by step when I do mine with photos and post.

Cheers

Rick

Comment

Any chance of some fitting tips / photos? would be much appreciated.

will do a step by step when I do mine with photos and post.

Cheers

Rick
                      May sound lazy but pics are not really needed and would not explain much.

It is just cutting the feet off both sets...measure..tack weld...check and fully weld. Job done.

Good thing is the rails are spot on.
                      .... Which was nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Overland Tonka View Post
                        May sound lazy but pics are not really needed and would not explain much.

It is just cutting the feet off both sets...measure..tack weld...check and fully weld. Job done.

Good thing is the rails are spot on.
                        You do make it sound rather simple, however I sometimes have a brain fritz and don't want to end up with 2 useless sets of seats!

Is it both the back and front feet that need transplanted?

Comment

You do make it sound rather simple, however I sometimes have a brain fritz and don't want to end up with 2 useless sets of seats!

Is it both the back and front feet that need transplanted?
                          Yep back and front or front and back or all four...

The feet on the gen 7 seats will not line up with the holes. An easy way to see what I mean is to take a surf seat out which takes about 2mins and offer a gen 7 seat in the car. It's close but as they say ... No cigar....

What you will see is the rails are the same. Get a weld shop to do the job..it's
                          much easier as cutting the feet off is a pain.
                          .... Which was nice.

Comment

Working...
                          X