Forte engine treatment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forte engine treatment

After reading favourable reviews on the net I got some of the Forté injection cleaner.

On the RT site it say's it's OK to put it in the filter, but as I don't know my cars history I'm worried that such a concentrated fist time in 200000km application may prove to much, I've read a few cases where it seemed to dislodge big lumps that block something up.

I'd prefer to take it easy and do two or even three applications, first time full tank, then 1/4 tank then at next service put it in the filter.

Opinions??

Personally I never put it neat in the filter unless have actual running issues to fix, but happily dump the whole lot in 1/4 tank of diesel or more.

But you can.

There is always a risk you'll dislodge some crap, thats kinda what it's designed to do so you have to just go for it.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks Tony, I was thinking about gradually introducing it to gradually break up any large lumps of crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Ploddit View Post
        Thanks Tony, I was thinking about gradually introducing it to gradually break up any large lumps of crap.
        I think the short sharp shock works better....the filter method will at least clear your pump out and let you see if that improves things. Putting it into your tank can loosen up a lot more deposits which are in the full fuel system and cause blockages before the filter.
        I've done both and had no issues though.

Comment

Working...
        X