a couple questions from a newb re: lifting and cooling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a couple questions from a newb re: lifting and cooling

hi all, i recently got myself a 2.4td k reg hilux surf and have a few queries...

im planning on carrying out a 2" suspension lift very soon using front and rear uprated shocks and 2" lift rear springs, will i need to extend any brake lines etc when i do this or would that just be if were doing a body lift?

next thing is im well aware of these particular engines having an over heating problem, mine seems to be fine at the moment but is there anything i can do to prevent it happening in the first place? such as removing the viscus and fitting an electric fan etc?

ive only just got it and im not to familliar with these so is there any other things i should be aware of? i have read the faq section so anything other than whats in there

many thanks in advance

Strip the viscous fan and replenish the silicon oil. A search will reveal all.
    Fit a transmission cooler, ( assuming its an auto )again a search will reveal all
    Fit a new thermostat, fit a new rad cap, flush the cooling system and refill with coolant. ( making sure its well burped and no airlocks) Fit an aftermarket digital gauge so you can keep a better eye on temps.
    Сви можемо

Comment

brilliant thank you, hopefully that may prolong the life of my surf a little

anyone with any ideas on the jacking up situation

Comment

I normally put a 1"ish spacer under the t-piece for the rear brakes on the axle, the rubber hose from the LSV to the axle gets a little tight if the axle hangs.

Don't lift the front more than 1 1/2" or you will rip CV gaiters/ wear CV's, and getting the tracking re set will be tricky among other things.

You need free wheeling hubs, low profile bump stops, diff and ball joint spacers to get more lift out of the front, even then its not as good as stock. Only lift it as much as you need to clear tyres, don't get carried away, the IFS isn't very happy being messed with to much.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

brilliant thank you for the advice there, tyre wise ive 31.10.5 15s, i have some manual hubs to go on and uprated front and rear shocks along with springs for the rear....just hope the torsion bar nuts arent to seized, ive been coating them in wd for the last 2 days, so they should be ok by the weekend

i hope...

Comment

Working...
          X