Project - Trash 2 Tidy Gen2 3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project - Trash 2 Tidy Gen2 3.0

Some who float on both sites may have seen this already but thought this may be of interest to some - and gives a good warning as to what may be lurking when you begin working on your truck.

The general jist is a 2.4 body replacing a very ropey 3.0 body onto 3.0 chassis that requires some work.

http://www.elite4x4.co.uk/forum/view...hp?f=62&t=9024

Would have posted a duplicate thread on here in full but has taken me long enough to put all the posts together on the other site

Bout time you got it on here mate!!

How's progress?

Alan
    www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Bit slow at the moment due to work commitments - sounds like things have been similar for you.

All external parts not needed legally for road use have been removed spolier, steps, bumpers, bars, towbar, wheel carrier etc

Rear internal panels are all out Ive just left the wiring and belts in at he moment. Ive removed the centre console and the rear heater / fan unit.

The MOT runs out on 28th Ill be removing the rear seats, belts, and all the other dash panels and anything else I can before a final push before I take it to the yard when all will be left inside will be the drivers seat and the dash shell.

Ive got all the chassis paints and treatments, new brake caliper, new downpipe but have a few more parts to buy full set of ball joints, spacers, drop links and some bushes and ATF cooler if the budget stretches - thought I may as well get as much done while the body is off and access is easier.

Ill still use the Elite site as the main thread but will post some main pics on here and main details.

Comment

Working...
      X