Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could anyone explain?

Hi All,

For the past few days when I have went to start the Surf the electric Rad fan has came on?

As soon as I turn the ignition on the damn thing bursts into life but stops after about 5 mins after I start the engine?

I've checked the connection and the fuse and it is ok?

Totally baffled!

G

Fan switch could be at fault i found that out when i broke mine and the fan would come on when the ignition was turned on a new sensor cured it
    Ignore this i've just realized yours is a 3rd gen
    I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Is the A/C on? The fan comes on for that.

Otherwise check the plug and sender on the coolant filler neck, its the one facing forward.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

re

Thanks for the comments!

Mine is actually a 2nd Gen tonupteabag, I've checked the sender Tony and it seems to be ok unless something is amiss inside the sender.

Why would it turn off again after the engine has been running for a little while?

Where is the fan switch?

G
        Last edited by hellmett; 4 September 2011, 22:24.

Comment

bugger!!!

I don't know why i thought it was a 3rd gen i must have looked at the wrong details
          Anyhow the sender is on the thermostat housing at the front, if you take the wire off and earth it and turn the ignition on the fan should not run, if you then take the wire off the earth the relay should knock the fan on, it's quite an arse about way of doing things but, it is a toyota
          I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

As above but here is a test for the switch. When engine is cold and if you have a multimeter, set it to Ohms and connect to switch terminal and earth. Switch is normally closed so should have continuity. If open circuit it is faulty.

Nev

Comment

re

Sorted!

It was the relay!

I heard it making a wierd buzzing/clicking noise when I had the ignition on.

I guess I need another one, anyone know where I get one?

Ta!

G

Comment

Working...
              X