Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf 2.4 Turbo Issues

Hi, everybody--

Reading through this website's forums has been very helpful for me. Now I'm at the point where I'm hoping that someone might be willing and able to take a look at some photos of my engine's vacuum hoses that I've posted and tell me if I've connect things correctly.

I recently had to had my Surf serviced so that I could be issued a Warrant of Fitness. The mechanic had to do a lot of work on the fuel pump. After picking up my car, everything seemed to be kind of okay, aside from a peculiar "bobbing in the water" sort of feeling my car would do when coasting in gear.

Getting home and looking at the engine, I saw that the turbo sensor hadn't been afixed to any stable surface, so I reconnect it to the air-filter container.

Soon after, my car started suffering from the infamous loss of turbo power syndrome.

To make the long story short, it seems that the mechanic may have reconnected the vacuum hoses incorrectly (and omitted re-connecting one altogether). I just went to a shop and bought some vacuum hose, found a photo on the internet and tried to reconnect everything as per the photo.

My car drives normally now. No "bobbing in the water" feeling, either. But the turbo light doesn't come on. I ran a "normal mode" diagnostics and received a "4" and a "10"...which doesn't seem to have anything to do with the issue I'm discussing.

If anyone would be willing to look at the photos I've taken of my engine and give me a yay or nay, I sure would be grateful.

The three photos are here: http://forums.dpreview.com/galleries/8144613737/photos/1330233/p1100611

Best regards,
    Lenny
Working...
X