4 wheel drive problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 wheel drive problem

Can anyone help just brought a gen3 surf the fuse had been removed for the 4 wheel drive put a new one in but the 4x4 lights on the dash keep flashing hi and low range work ok but still the lights flash when I push the button they go out for about 5seconds then start to flash again have tried pushing the button in and out and putting it into reverse but still no joy Toyota won't help as it I'd a Japanese import can't find no manuals on the car either so I don't know what im looking for any help would be very welcome

Hi John

Welcome to the forum! Hope you have managed to have some success with the 4x4 drive system? sorry I can't offer any more help. Are you able to pop over at some point and we can see what else we can do with both our trucks - I have a few nice byways we can go down, and Paul dropped off a random A Bar yesterday... Did he speak to you about that and a winch plate?

Anyone have any ideas what might be up with the 4x4 flashing light? TonyN suggested i may be the switches but didn't you check those John, and they were all working?

Andy
    ======
    Just gotta finish doing the next mod...

Comment

Hello welcome - sorry I can't help!
      “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Read this thread:

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/add.htm

sounds like a plug or wires broken or rubbing somewhere.

Google search it

Comment

John

Did you manage to get this sorted?
          ======
          Just gotta finish doing the next mod...

Comment

hi
            i would take it back to the person you bought it off as it looks like they belibratly took the fuse out before selling it. theres no other explanation why it would not be in.
            theres some shady people about

Comment

Working...
            X