A Side-order of Feet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Side-order of Feet

Seems every direction-button on the airflow array gives a side-order of air to the feet too. So, for example, the one with the air just to the face gives feet too. And the same with the screen. 3rd Gen 1996. Something stuck open? Any ideas, besides wearing thick socks?
    Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Yep, the flap that directs air to your feet is stuck open.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

theres a small lever with a wire rod on it on the drivers side. remove the dash panel under the steering wheel and the small front cubby thing in front of the gearstick.

lie on the floor and you'll be able to see it. the wire sometimes falls off or it might be bent. operate the heater controls and you should see the plastic lever move for each button position.

mine was the same - a bit off fiddling usually cures it

Comment

Thanks chaps. I'll take a look when I get a mo.

Comment

Sussed it.

It were the pipe that feeds the rightmost air vent. It had fallen off the central feed, and so the air was being dumped straight down to my feet, and none to the vent. Stuck my head in the footwell and it looks like the immobiliser transponder is what had dislodged it.

Pushed it back onto the feed and all good - apart from some little strips of black foam padding blew through. I guess something somewhere has perished?

Comment

Originally posted by J i m s t e r View Post

Pushed it back onto the feed and all good - apart from some little strips of black foam padding blew through. I guess something somewhere has perished?
            It's the crap foam they use. It breaks down into dust eventually. Fixed mine with all new closed cell EVA stuff. Probably outlast the vehicle.

Nev

Comment

Where in the system should it be (when it's not turning to dust), Nev?

Comment

Working...
              X