looking good!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking good!

Spent today replacing my rear chrome bumpers. followed the tips on this forum- a great help, replaced all bolts with stainless steel. I would like to know what have other people done about the black gasket inbetween the bumper and the mud flap. I have been told it is a toyota part!!!! Tomorrow I will replace my front bumper and broken headlight. on my bull bar i would like to replace the tatty chrome bits. any suggestions were I can get them
    Attached Files

re;looking good

today, i spent replacing my front bumper which came off easy with the mounting bracket then it was down hill since then. sheared most of the bolts that hold the skirt to the bumper. snapped the side bolt that holds the bumper to the frame. I then find the new after market bumper does not come with predrilled holes to fasten the trims on the side of the bumper.
    Can anyone shed some light how to fix my problems.
    loose trim,missing holes, new bracket. Thanks
    Attached Files

Comment

looking not so good

I decided to make a template to mark the holes from my old bumber and transfer to the new one. perfect fit on one side,the other side one out of two lined up perfect. the plastic brackets in the trim had melted while I was grinding off the bolts. Toyota shop they could get in what they think is the right part for @£18 each, but if it is wrong they cannot be returned.
      drastic measure-I put an allen bolt through the trim to fasten it in place.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by nevilleian View Post
        today, i spent replacing my front bumper which came off easy with the mounting bracket then it was down hill since then. sheared most of the bolts that hold the skirt to the bumper. snapped the side bolt that holds the bumper to the frame. I then find the new after market bumper does not come with predrilled holes to fasten the trims on the side of the bumper.
        Can anyone shed some light how to fix my problems.
        loose trim,missing holes, new bracket. Thanks
        You have bought an early, narrow bodied Surf bumper. (The Surfs without wheelarch extensions)

I fix those end caps with self tappers and silicone drilled and screwed through the edge that faces the tyre.

Comment

The trim on the A bar does have a part number:

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_J_199...QT_5252.9.html

52406‑35010

You will need a few clips too:

90467‑09137 three I think

Comment

thanks for the replies.
            Well, I hope that other newbies learn from my mistakes.

Comment

Roo bar

Neville,how do.The cross piece for the roo bar(with TOYOTA on it)is about £50 from toyota,I still have the old chrome bits off my original trim piece,they arent perfect but you can have them foc if you can make use of them,let me know,Alan

Comment

Working...
              X