3rd Gen Lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joecuba View Post
    Where in Edinburgh are you getting the suspension lifted? I'm considering getting the exact same Roughtrax kit fitted soon as well.
    Was actually planning to drive down to London and leave it with my friend / mechanic for a week to fit it.

However, had spoken to a chap up here who suggested it may be better to get the MOT / Service out of the way first and then get the lift done. The thinking being that they are less likely to poke around during the MOT with an unmodified vehicle. If I can get away with the tyres for the MOT I may do that now.

As for the the lift. If anybody knows somebody they would trust to do this up in Edinburgh, I'm all ears too!
    Take your words, put them on a plate, add a little bit of humble pie, and eat them!

Comment

Don't forget before and after pics!!!
      More Lift.
      More Tyres.
      More Engine.

Comment

Baring in mind std 3rd Gen surfs are all pretty much the same, what's the minimum suspension lift required to clear 33's properly?
        Now it's time to play!

Comment

From what I have read it depends on width and wheels.... and how much rubbing is "acceptable"

4" + spacers - side steps seems to be the general concensus for 285s. But I am more than willing to stand corrected.
          More Lift.
          More Tyres.
          More Engine.

Comment

How long should it take the garage to change over the springs and shocks on all four corners? Trying to estimate how much it will cost.

Comment

Good question - would be curious to know myself. I presume not long if you have hi-lift jacks etc.

Tony may be able to shed some light.

Also, I'd like to know what is worth upgrading / changing at the same time? Bushes, brakelines etc?
              Take your words, put them on a plate, add a little bit of humble pie, and eat them!

Comment

Local garage estimated 2 hours a corner as long as there wasn't any problems. That is a day's work. Seems a bit OTT to me... jack up, take off wheel, compress spring, remove spring, unbolt shock. Bolt in new shock, compress and install new spring, put wheel back on, lower.

Comment

Originally posted by joecuba View Post
                  Local garage estimated 2 hours a corner as long as there wasn't any problems. That is a day's work. Seems a bit OTT to me... jack up, take off wheel, compress spring, remove spring, unbolt shock. Bolt in new shock, compress and install new spring, put wheel back on, lower.
                  2hrs per corner is a load bull!!should only take bout 2hrs to do the whole lot if your workin slow

Comment

Working...
                  X