Front prop actuator motor 3rd gen ssrx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front prop actuator motor 3rd gen ssrx

Hi, after two months of investigation, a new 4wd ecu and transfer box repair, the only thing preventing me from getting in 4wd is the small motor on the transfer box which has lost some teeth and will not fully engage the front prop shaft. I have tried a few breaker sites but they want crazy money for a used motor which could last 5 mins. Does anyone know if the motor is the same as the 3.0 Prado/Colorado as it does look identical from the pics i have seen and they do share many components and will be more available, thanks in advance ian

The Colorado doesn't have the 2WD option, so no solonoid. Don't know about the a Prado.

I'm changing a duff 3rd Gen T/case soon, if the solonoid is ok I will have a spare.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I would really appreciate that, cheers, I have managed to get in 4wd manually by moving the actuator rod manually but that would mean leaving it permanently in 4wd. When viewed from the rear the motor attaches at the top left, we had to drop the transfer box to get it off as it fouls the petrol tank, I have been told that some boxes have the motor on the right but I can't confirm this. When its available just let me know how much you want for it and the postage costs, do you need my e mail address, cheers ian

Comment

Hi,

Was it possible to remove the motor assembly without dropping the transfer box ? i was wondering if it can be removed when in 4wd without dropping the transfer box ?

Comment

yeah, it takes some wriggling but comes out ok once you remove the back crossmember and pull the hoses out the way,

Comment

thanks, did you remove it with the transfer box in 2 or 4 wheel drive?

Comment

Can't remember, probably manually pushed the toothed bar all the way in to make it easier to remove, as it dosn't need to go bakwards as far.

Comment

thanks, I will have a go and report back when done.

Comment

Working...
                X