Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to get a compression test done for my Surf :o(

Hi folks

Is it me, or is it generally a pain in the posterior to do this!?

I'm not a qualified mechanic, but have been around long enough & self taught myself throughout the years (thanks to the amazing help from this site too I might add! ;o) , to be able to perform competently-basic maintenance, servicing & most faults on my Surf's.
    Have been looking on flea bay for a suitable tester & have contacted suppliers, but they seem to be unwilling to tell me if their product will be suitable ??
    IS there a trade/professional reason for this....??
    Have approached a few garages & the norm is 1, more than likely 2 hours to perform test at labour cost of £55-£70 p/h
    I don't really want to fork out £150'ish notes, when I feel I could do the deed myself with the right tools.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please enlighten me oh wise ones

Many thanks
    Submission?...Now that's a bit of a problem.

http://www.tooled-up.com/MicroCatego...=687&MCID=3417

All you need is a connection to go in your injector hole.

Comment

An hours isn't bad, I'd guess at that to do one properly, and thats knowing what I'm doing and doing it via the glow plug holes, which is a lot quicker than taking the injectors out like most garages would do.

You'll struggle to find a diesel compression tester for under £150, unless you get a used one on fleabay. You can't use a petrol one, it'll blow it to bits... lol

Knowledge and the right tools are what you're paying the garage for, to save you doing it or buggering anything up.

Personally £50 would be max for me to do it.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Doh Of course the preheaters, but either way he'll need a special half ring half open spanner too.

Comment

This should get you by.

Comment

Working...
          X