Steering problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering problem

Did a body lift on my 3rd gen today. All went well execpt small steering issue.

While i had the Vertical steering shaft detached from the rag joint, my friend who was helping me turned the steering wheel a few times. Past where it should be turned which caused it to make a click, then continue to turn. It then would not return to its original full lock position. So he continued to fiddle.

The result is, having resembled everything, when turning right one whole revolution of the steering wheel, it comes to a little resistance, then clicks and continues to turn for another revolution before doing the same.

The click is coming from inside the steering wheel area.

It only seems to happen when turning right.

Its not the vertical steering shaft knocking on the exhaust. Despite my previous posts and concerns in the end no modification was needed. Clears everything beautifully.

Anybody know what it is and how to fix it?
    Last edited by Matt.n.p; 7 March 2011, 23:35.

is the indicator reset switch around there somewhere that usually clicks when u turn the wheel about a turn could b that?
    ALL THE GEAR!............no idea!

Comment

mornin'

does the airbag warning light not come on at all or stays on - it you over rotate the steering wheel you can displace the mounting wires for the airbag sensor ring which might explain the clicking (the connector catching on it's receiver) .

If the airbag light is working exactly as it should (initially on then goes off as normal) it's probably as mentioned eal;rier the indicator cancelling mechanism which is probably caught - means taking off the wheel & surround to have a root around i'm afraid

hope this helps

hawaii
      I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

Morning. Thanks guys. Ill do that.

Comment

Working...
        X