2" body lift on 3rd gen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2" body lift on 3rd gen

Ive had a good search and found the problem with a 2" lift on a 3rd gen is the vertical steering shaft then rubs on the exhaust manifold if using a spacer. I understand other people have done a 2" lift but not how they over came the problem.

Other than cutting the shaft and welding a 2" peace in. If doing the weld option whats involved in removing the vertical shaft other than unbolting the bottom end?

How have others overcome this problem?

All input appreciated.

i have a body lift on mine and Tony N just made another spacer for the steering bit, there was nothing fancey and it does not rub, welding sounds a bit much when all you need is another spacer
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Was it a two inch lift?

If so how does it not rub on exhaust?

Comment

it is 2" and i does not rub on the exhaust.....you ask how it does not i have no idea it just dont. i didnt know they did there are loads of others that have the lift and dont have any problems.
        SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

you have to sometimes just grind a little off the edge of the exhaust flange.

its not really anything to much trouble, just need to make it fit.

its the locking bolt for the bottom spline that hits a bit of the exhaust casting sometimes, and if the spacer block is to fat it will also rub.

Cutting/sleeving and welding it is much more professional looking, but not so easy if you don't have the tools, and you have to get it right. The blocks make it 'do-able' by anyone with basic tools.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Spacer it is then.

Thanks for info.

Just need a spacer

Comment

Working...
            X