yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is the wheel offset on a 2nd gen 4runner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the wheel offset on a 2nd gen 4runner?

Does anyone know the wheel offset on a 2nd gen UK 4runner toyota standard alloys is?

I have non-toyota alloys that came on truck.
    A stamp on wheel says E. -15 - I reckon this is a negative 15mm offset,

was wondering what the toyota standard alloys have stamped on them?

the wheels - 16", 7J soemthing with 265/70 r16 tyres stick out at the side of the vehicle about 1/2-1 inch, I was wondering if offset is to far away from what it should be.
    I have had the front wheel bearing coming slightly loose too - so wondering if this is again offset related - i.e. strain on bearings?
    cheers
    Landcruiser Colorado
    Sub. Forester

offset 8 on alloy wheels on a 94 3.0 widebody surf.

Just get some wheel arch extensions and enjoy!
    (or sell them to me)

Comment

mmmm 0ffsets 7mm out then - wonder if thats acceptable?
      Was thinking of getting wheel arch extensions - anyone got ideas where to get them and price?

cheers
      andy
      Landcruiser Colorado
      Sub. Forester

Comment

Originally posted by andycook
        Does anyone know the wheel offset on a 2nd gen UK 4runner toyota standard alloys is?

I have non-toyota alloys that came on truck.
        A stamp on wheel says E. -15 - I reckon this is a negative 15mm offset,

was wondering what the toyota standard alloys have stamped on them?

the wheels - 16", 7J soemthing with 265/70 r16 tyres stick out at the side of the vehicle about 1/2-1 inch, I was wondering if offset is to far away from what it should be.
        I have had the front wheel bearing coming slightly loose too - so wondering if this is again offset related - i.e. strain on bearings?
        cheers
        The bearings maybe knackered if they keep going loose (assuming your tightening them up OK, and staking the lock washer properly) , normally they are OK with big wheels, I ran 12" wide rims for years on my old truck, most of it offset and they where fine.

How much of you tyre sticking out is the actual tread? Sidewall doesn't count to be legal.

You may have solid axle spec rims, they have more offset than IFS rims as the axles are narrower.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

cheers for reply

its about 1/2 to 1 inch of tread that sticks out.
          I've been torquing up the wheel baring adjuster nut to correct torque, and bending over tabs on new locktab washer.

how does one tell when the bearing is knackered? they sound ok, no rumble like ive hear before on a car with dead bearings

andy
          Landcruiser Colorado
          Sub. Forester

Comment

Working...
          X