How many pumps on the fuel primer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many pumps on the fuel primer?

Hi, I tried the search but didn't come up with anything so far.

I have a 2.4TD LN130 and when the fuel is low in the tank it seems to suck it back causing starting issues. I think I remember someone talking about a blocked breather before but I can't find the posts (or the breather!).
    When the fuel has gone back how many pumps on the primer should it take to suck it through again?
    This is also an issue at fuel filter change time (which is coming up again soon!)

I have another primer from a scrapper but as I can't test it the guy didn't charge me but I'd rather not fit another rubbish one if it's broken!

Thanks,

Ray.
    Last edited by lord_flashart; 24 February 2011, 16:32.
    I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

This'll keep me going on the breather I think so I'll just keep going.

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthrea...ight=fuel+tank

Thanks,

Ray.

Comment

There is no 'amount of pumps' some take ten secs, some take ten minutes, some you have get someone to crank the motor while you pump.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Bugger! I've definitely done the 10 minutes one so I know it isn't that!

I'll try and clean the breather and see what happens and then I'll change the primer and see what happens and then I'll probably have a nice cup of tea!

Thanks TonyN,

Ray.

Comment

Take your fuel filter off, fill it with fuel (or better still, with auto transmission fluid to give you a good clean out and more power for a brief time ), then reinstall the filter. This will give you fuel for start-up and the pump will draw fuel through quickly . If you constantly pump the primer over a long period of time, it will eventually wear out, or the spring will become weak.

Comment

If you can't get the breather then drill a small hole through the fuel filler cap to release the pressure
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I don't know if anyone has done this yet but, when i was having problems with fuel system i found the outer part of the fuel cap comes away from the body, now once the tops off there is a filter that sits above the release valve on mine it was caked in crap so i removed it and all has been ok since, it just saves drilling the cap and keeps it looking normal
              I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll try to check all this out ASAP!

Comment

Working...
                X