Multi plug identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi plug identification

Long story but ill try to keep this short.

I currently have a 2nd and 3rd gen surfs. On the 2nd gen a similar to the pictured multi plug connects straight into the alarm system.

The 3rd gen obviously once had an alarm and immobiliser however, some wiring seems to be in place but working parts appear to have been removed.

The picture shows the multi plug on the 3rd gen located on the drivers side coming through the fire wall just above the wheel arch.

Multi plugs although in same location and similar in appearance are different on the 2 surfs.

It apears to have been used in the past and the are holes in the wheel arch suggesting something, Probably alarm was once mounted there.

What is the purpose of the multi plug? Whats its Function?

Can i plug an alarm system into it or is it more involved than that?

Attached Files

Originally posted by Matt.n.p View Post

Can i plug an alarm system into it or is it more involved than that?

Doubt it and probably.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Also the central locking is not working from the key, or key fob. If parts of alarm system missing i understand the key fob not working. But why does the key not work.

However when pressing the door lock on drivers side door panel all locks work.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Comment

Bare in mind no Surf came with a factory alarm. Anything fitted will be aftermarket and will have different wiring and plugs for different manufacturers.

The factory remote centrol locking is only ever the key with the lock/unlock buttons in the key itself, any locking 'fob' is aftermarket as well and usually wired to the door lock switch on the drivers door control panel.

The key in the drivers door lock should work the centrol locking, but no other doors.

If the centrol locking isn't working when using the key in the door it must be the switch in the lock, or door wiring sometime breaks were it goes from door to bodywork.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

The central locking control module is behind and above the driver's side kick panel.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
            The central locking control module is behind and above the driver's side kick panel.
            Ive had a look there but couldnt see anything like that. Thats not to say i didnt miss it. On my 2nd gen its in the same place but quite obvious as to what it is. Clearly says on the outside of the plastic box.

If i find it what should i look for? Just check connections?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
              Bare in mind no Surf came with a factory alarm. Anything fitted will be aftermarket and will have different wiring and plugs for different manufacturers.

The factory remote centrol locking is only ever the key with the lock/unlock buttons in the key itself, any locking 'fob' is aftermarket as well and usually wired to the door lock switch on the drivers door control panel.

The key in the drivers door lock should work the centrol locking, but no other doors.

If the centrol locking isn't working when using the key in the door it must be the switch in the lock, or door wiring sometime breaks were it goes from door to bodywork.

Thanks for info Tony. Next step to remove door panel.

I presume that having had an alarm fitted and then removed its possible to have unconnected wires laying around. Could that explain central locking problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt.n.p View Post
                Ive had a look there but couldnt see anything like that. Thats not to say i didnt miss it. On my 2nd gen its in the same place but quite obvious as to what it is. Clearly says on the outside of the plastic box.

If i find it what should i look for? Just check connections?

Ah sorry, didn't read your first post thoroughly.
                Not sure where the C/L module is on the 3rd gen.

Comment

Working...
                X