Clutch Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch Problems

Hey everyone. New to the forum here. I Just picked up a 1989 Toyota Hilux Surf with the 2LT in it with only 119 000kms on it with a 3L head on it and some brand new 31's. Had it for a few days and i absolutely love this thing.

But here's my situation. Was out off roadin last night for a while and my two buddys got stuck. So i offered to help pull out. After hooking up to my buddies pathfinder, i went bumper to bumper atleast 20 times and tried tuggin him out back and forth. I got him out but i unhooked and noticed on the last tug i could smell burnt clutch and i wasn't moving as much as i was. So i went out to the highway to see what's wrong and sure enough my clutch was slipping crazily. I could barely make it up to 50km/h and wasn't going anywhere quick.

So i limped it home which wasn't too far and let it sit for an hour. I then went out and drove around and it seemed fine. So I did the best slipping clutch test to my knowledge and went on the highway, put it in 5th and floored it and no slipping. It just hit boost and picked up pretty quick in speed steady with the rpms.

So is it common for these clutches to heat up fairly warm when abused ? And should i replace it or do you think it's fine..

Any help and suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Tyler
Working...
X