Recaro seat help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recaro seat help

I have acquired a rather nice Recaro seat to ease my aching back but am having major problems sourcing a sub-frame to fit it to the truck with. The subframe on the standard seat is an integral part of the seat and Recaro are useless - don't want to know if it ain't on their web site.

Does anybody know of a seperate subframe that will fit the floor pan in a 2nd gen and will accept (or can be modified to accept) a Recaro seat? Do the standard fitment Recaro's have a seperate subframe?
    Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Originally posted by Gamedawn
    I have acquired a rather nice Recaro seat to ease my aching back but am having major problems sourcing a sub-frame to fit it to the truck with. The subframe on the standard seat is an integral part of the seat and Recaro are useless - don't want to know if it ain't on their web site.

Does anybody know of a seperate subframe that will fit the floor pan in a 2nd gen and will accept (or can be modified to accept) a Recaro seat? Do the standard fitment Recaro's have a seperate subframe?

Can you not cut off the standard one and adapt it to fit in some way. I have done this a couple of times for kit cars & the suzi.
    I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Originally posted by jotto
      Can you not cut off the standard one and adapt it to fit in some way. I have done this a couple of times for kit cars & the suzi.
      When I raised the passenger seat on mine, I removed the existing rails, bolted some 1" square tubing to the bottom of the seat and refitted the rails to the bottom of this.

I would suspect that you can do this, make up a frame that fits the bottom of the seat and fit the rails off the old seat to it.

Cheers

Comment

The parts are available from Toyota, after all the 2nd gens did come with a recaro interior option...

Perhaps a breaker might... or someone here might know of some...?

andyL

Comment

Cheers mate. Armed with a handful of part nos I shall venture forth unto my local dealers.

Looks like you have a later version of the epc than mine - did you use a vin code to get to that page or could you just look the parts up. I can find the part no's on my version but can't get to that illustration.
          Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Working...
          X