Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front upper arm lubrication

2nd gen.
    at the area, where the arrow shows there is a small bolt. It is an exact fit for a grease nipple. Well, I removed the bolt and temporarily installed a nipple, so i could apply some grease. Now, was that a good thing to do?
    I think the car rose a bit and gained some initial softness, but still I didn't go for the full fill, so the grease would shouw out somewhere, since I'm not sure if this is the thing to do.

Yep, that's what the bolt is there for. Worth giving it a few more strokes of the grease gun as you should see it ouzing out of the bottom of that joint. don't forget to replace the bolt unless you're going to leave the nipple in there.
    Mike G

Comment

Hi, what size nipple is this as i intend to do the same?
      and are there any others around that should have the same treatment while i'm scruffy?
      cheers
      Non consternationes.

Comment

Thanks.
        Think it's the standard nipple, M6 or M5 thread probably, same as on all other shafts, props etc.
        If there are other hidden areas, that grease can be applied, I'd like to know about them too.

Comment

M6. Theres one on each lower ball joint as well. You need and angled one for there though.

Nev

Comment

Ta, will get some and get squirting.
            Non consternationes.

Comment

spotted that one..maybe can use straight one by turning the wheels

Comment

Working...
              X