Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tailgate scissor removal guide

Hey, All.

My tailgate window was playing up so, having read quite a few posts on the subject, I took the rear panel apart.

The scissor mechanism looks very dry and rusted and needs a real clean up. I'll take a look at the motor, too, but if I change the motor now a new one won't last too long.

Is there a guide on how to dimantle the mechanism fully, as I can't find one? It looks a bit daunting for me to jump in, especially as the days are short and wet at the moment and I don't have a place to keep her undercover if things go wrong.
    SSR-X Limited 3.0TD '95

I have not seen a write up for it but I have taken mine out a couple of times (when I got the car mine had a tooth missing so it did not go all the way up) its a bit fiddly and be careful if you do decide to take it out as when you remove the motor the springs kick in and try to chop your fingers off!!!! also mark the teeth before you take it apart or you could end up like me putting it back together and the glass being squint

Comment

Originally posted by Lou View Post
      Is there a guide on how to dimantle the mechanism fully, as I can't find one? It looks a bit daunting for me to jump in, especially as the days are short and wet at the moment and I don't have a place to keep her undercover if things go wrong.
      I didn't realise it came apart.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

You can't actually take the mech apart, but with it out of the truck and then motor removed you can get to all the sliding parts and clean/lube them.

We went through getting it out the other day...

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthrea...ghlight=window
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Still not found a guide, but this page seems to be good info, too.

When I do get around to it I'll put together a full guide and post a link here.

If anyone wants to lend a hand and is close to/willing to come to MK let me know. Tea/coffee, bacon rolls (and no doubt, beer) will be supplied.
          SSR-X Limited 3.0TD '95

Comment

Working...
          X