air shockers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• air shockers

well heres another ifs approach i did a search on here and couldnt finad anything relevant so ill put this one out there aswell. have a look at the link let us know if its any good. if there is a post on this already appologies again i just didnt find it when i did a search. http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/tech/air_shocks/
    UBIQUE

There was someone on here a few years ago now that fitted air bags inside the rear springs.

Comment

ah ok this is totaly differant bushwacker, from what i can gather they have made the front shocks to work on air instead of oil etc again im not sure if this is a good idea or not.
      UBIQUE

Comment

well bit more ivestigation on this and i found how to set up the rear on air shocks with how to do the setup with the control unit heres the link
        http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/4Runne...ar_air_shocks/
        UBIQUE

Comment

Hmmmm, something tells me that adjusting the height of the truck by extending the shocks with compressed air is asking for trouble. I haven't read all of that article, but what happens if one or more of the air supply hoses blows off or gets knocked off, does the truck just sink and/or has no damping effect from the shocks?

I think air bags in the springs, and +4" shocks would work better. You can still raise the ride height, and get lots of suspension travel because of the extended shocks, plus the load carrying capacity is increased, but if the air supply is cut off the suspension is still useable.

Comment

fair comment mate agreed, i think id prefer your method instead of this air setup. i wasnt sure if it was a good idea but then i never thought what would happn if the air supply disappered. a thought on the air though there complicated set up in the link might work with the air con pump instead and wouldnt need a tank as there would be constant supply just a thought but defo agreed on if the pipe work was to become blocked or knocked off.
            UBIQUE

Comment

Aren't we just asking for Landrover Discovery type issues here? How many Disco owners junk the air suspension and fit conventional springs / shocks?
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

very true apache i didnt know anything about this so i thought i would pose the question. think i would prefer to do a proper lift with proper shockers and springs instead of this air thing.
                UBIQUE

Comment

Working...
                X