Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheel stud snapped

have to replace a front wheel stud.
    do i just unscrew the 6 10mm nuts and the centre bolt covered by the silver cap and then slide the hub off thus leaving the brake disc still attached to the vehicle.......wack the broken stud out with an hammer then replace with a new one then assemble in reverse or does the disc and calipers all have to come of aswell.
    thanks

Originally posted by sketty View Post
    have to replace a front wheel stud.
    do i just unscrew the 6 10mm nuts and the centre bolt covered by the silver cap and then slide the hub off thus leaving the brake disc still attached to the vehicle.......wack the broken stud out with an hammer then replace with a new one then assemble in reverse or does the disc and calipers all have to come of aswell.
    thanks
    Caliper off, 6 bolts out, wheel bearing adjusters out, hub off, flip over, 6 bolts on the disc off, batter stud out, fit new stud, draw it in to place, reverse the other steps and Robert's yer maw's brother.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

As above. Not so simple for the front. Rears are easy. Clean inspect, repack or replace wheel bearings as needed while it's apart. Here's a tip. One broken stud may indicate studs have been over torqued so consider replacing them all.

Nev

Comment

thanks chaps but its ####ing down now so still cant replace it. dont fancy getting a wet arse just yet.
        and yes it was over tightened when i was putting wheel spacers on. a lesson learned and not forgotten

Comment

Working...
        X