Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kzn130 auto to manual conversion?

Hi all,
    I've been thinking about converting my kzn130 from auto to manual. Does anyone know how tricky this is or is it just a case of swapping the box over? I imagin it has ecu implications and possibly transfer box complications. I preferred my kzn185 manual but no longer have that luxury.

Any notes would help and personal experiences welcomed lol. I love the auto but I've noticed you loose so much power through the torque converter. Either that or something else!!

I'm sure this has been discussed here before and concluded with it being too much agro, sell yours n look for a manual. H

Comment

Originally posted by solent_surfer View Post
      Hi all,
      I've been thinking about converting my kzn130 from auto to manual. Does anyone know how tricky this is or is it just a case of swapping the box over? I imagin it has ecu implications and possibly transfer box complications. I preferred my kzn185 manual but no longer have that luxury.

Any notes would help and personal experiences welcomed lol. I love the auto but I've noticed you loose so much power through the torque converter. Either that or something else!!
      I've done this on various vehicles and it's a right PIA better to find a manual then sell the auto IMO
      I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Look

Hi Look in the swop section i have a 95 3litre Manual that i want to swop for an automatic.
        Last edited by Hilux; 14 December 2010, 11:19. Reason: spelling
        Live Life To The Full

Comment

Originally posted by Hilux View Post
          Hi Look in the swop section i have a 95 3litre Manual that i wanr to swop for an automatic.
          i'll have a nosey at yours, . thanks all. i thought as much in the back of my mind.

Comment

Bump

Hi did you look at mine.
            Attached Files
            Live Life To The Full

Comment

hi bob, it looks good. I'll get some pics of mine today for you to have a look over. Mine's on an L plate and isn't as original as yours by the looks of it. Isf that changes your mind, I'd understand.

I have 31" A/T tyres on 5 spoke split rims fitter
              Have lifted the body by 55mm
              Have a custom made winch bumper (yet to fit a winch)
              Tow bar and electrics hook-up
              Snorkel which I fabricated myself so not safari etc.

Se what you think and can have a chat if you are still interested.

Regards, Mark

Comment

Hi Bob, I've sent you some photos via email

Comment

Working...
                X