2nd Gen Front seats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Gen Front seats?

What front seats will fit a 2nd Gen Surf?

Obviously the standard manufacturers ones....... but I was wondering if the seat mounts / frames are compatible either with later Surf / Hilux / Other Toyota seats or with a little tweaking seats from another manufacturer?

Has anyone done this? What did you fit? and how easy was it?

Cheers
    Glynn

I know Celica seats fit the Surf, possibly Supra's too.
    Surf seat bases are very low to the floor, so any seats with seperate sub-frames will be too tall.

Comment

Not sure why you would want to swap yours, but if it's because the sides are worn in the usual places, why don't you get them recovered? You could have them done one at a time so you could keep driving it - yes you would have to put the passenger seat in the driver's side - and this would cost you less and be less hassle than adapting different ones. Try Wessex Trim in Southampton, and see what they quote.

Cheers, Nick
      "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Cheers Nick Ill give them a call.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          I know Celica seats fit the Surf, possibly Supra's too.
          Surf seat bases are very low to the floor, so any seats with seperate sub-frames will be too tall.
          I was looking at these the other day and wondering if they would.

Would be nice to have a little more adjustment and seeing as my drivers seat needs a retrim was going to compare the prices of a set from a breakers to a retrim and see if pound for pound I'd get more adjustment for the money.

Comment

I put seats from a 91 Acura Integra into my truck. They fit without too much hassle and are much more comfy. They are nearly exactly the same dimensions and look sharp too. They have the adjustable side and lumbar support that I was wanting.

Comment

Originally posted by scott324 View Post
              I put seats from a 91 Acura Integra into my truck. They fit without too much hassle and are much more comfy. They are nearly exactly the same dimensions and look sharp too. They have the adjustable side and lumbar support that I was wanting.

Have you got any pics please ? - always nice to see some options.

Cheers,
              Rob.

Comment

Some pics would be great please.

Did you need to fabricate any mounts or was it a straight swap?

Comment

Working...
                X