lsd or not lsd,thats the question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lsd or not lsd,thats the question

my neighbour insist his surf has lsd and its the absoloute bollox off road and has loads of traction because of this,would it make that much difference anyway,im not convinced it would and im not sure the jeep even has it anyway,help settle this petty dispute,hahaha

Does he have a Jeep or a Surf?
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

A Limited Slip Diff, if it's working, will help when off road; as will 4 wheel drive. When you say it's bollox, does that mean it's good or bad? And what are you using as your benchmark?

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
        Does he have a Jeep or a Surf?
        sorry,its a toyota surf 2.4.l reg

Comment

A Limited Slip Diff, if it's working, will help when off road; as will 4 wheel drive. When you say it's bollox, does that mean it's good or bad? And what are you using as your benchmark?
          means he reckons its good,has pretty standard tyres,bit bigger than road tyres,mine has 33" maxxis and he believes he gets more grip,

Comment

Your 3.0 on muds will eat his 2.4 on road tyres, even if he has a LSD.

Comment

Your 3.0 on muds will eat his 2.4 on road tyres, even if he has a LSD.
              well that im sure but he begs to differ,i just wanted another opinion to settle my anger,haha.theres no getting thru to some people,hes even just knocked on my door to have a look at some code that would tell if mine has lsd and if its the same as his,its nearly 9pm,just watching telly with the missus and he wants to compare jeeps,help me

Comment

Originally posted by greeley View Post
                well that im sure but he begs to differ,i just wanted another opinion to settle my anger,haha.theres no getting thru to some people,hes even just knocked on my door to have a look at some code that would tell if mine has lsd and if its the same as his,its nearly 9pm,just watching telly with the missus and he wants to compare jeeps,help me
                I thought he had a Surf?

Comment

I thought he had a Surf?
                  haha,yeah he does,i just call all 4x4s jeeps,il start calling them surfs so not to cause confusion

Comment

If the axle code on the data plate ends in 5 it has a LSD, they are usually pretty worn out after 50k miles.
                    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                      If the axle code on the data plate ends in 5 it has a LSD, they are usually pretty worn out after 50k miles.
                      ok,so people would be better off without lsd anyway really,the guys at westcoast 4x4 told me the lsds on surfs arnt that good anyway

Comment

Originally posted by greeley View Post
                        ok,so people would be better off without lsd anyway really,the guys at westcoast 4x4 told me the lsds on surfs arnt that good anyway
                        Depends what they are comparing them with and how much experience they have with them.

But like Tony said; by the time they get here, the LSDs will be knackered.

Comment

you wouldn't be better off, every little helps, but muds and open diffs vs road tyres and any but the tightest new LSD is no contest unless you're on a really hard dry surface.

Toyota LSDs have a 'internet' reputation for not being very effective after a few years as the clutch discs wear.
                          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Depends what they are comparing them with and how much experience they have with them.

But like Tony said; by the time they get here, the LSDs will be knackered.
                            id say they have quite a lot of experince with them,they have looked after my truck since import and theres always a couple there when ive been,yeah cheers for the advice anyway guys,il sleep better tonight instead of

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                              you wouldn't be better off, every little helps, but muds and open diffs vs road tyres and any but the tightest new LSD is no contest unless you're on a really hard dry surface.

Toyota LSDs have a 'internet' reputation for not being very effective after a few years as the clutch discs wear.
                              thats a point,we where on big sort of cobbles when he said he thought he had more grip,maybe he did then but he was followin my tracks anyway so knew the besy route to get over

Comment

Working...
                              X