red check light and red break light in on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• red check light and red break light in on

Ive just bought a toyota hilux surf 2.4 and have noticed the red check light comes on when the turbo light goes off.
    Also The red break warning light similar to this sign ((!)) but with a ring round the exclamation.
    Its been on now for the 4 weeks ive had it and ive no problems its just annoying not knowing what it means.
    Any ideas most welcome

Brake fluid low or pads/shoes needed, any leaks or have you not bothered to look, I'd be investigating any brake warning before driving it again. Check oil+fluid/coolant levels too, warning lights are telling you to maintain your car. H

Comment

This may help in the future ...
      http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice...ng_lights.html

Jess
      "Cos short cuts can cost more in the long run"
      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Brake light.

If you have enough brake fluid and your handbrake is fully off then the sensor in the master cylinder is probably gunged up or knackered (quite common). Take the cap off and give the float a good wiggle. If that don't cure it get another one off one of the breakers here.

Comment

Originally posted by Hazzo View Post
          Brake fluid low or pads/shoes needed, any leaks or have you not bothered to look, I'd be investigating any brake warning before driving it again. Check oil+fluid/coolant levels too, warning lights are telling you to maintain your car. H
          Easy Tiger! This is the lady's first post!

My sister drove her (new model) Beetle round for weeks with an orange warning light on. Her words "the one with the little watering can on it"

When I pulled the dipstick, it was dry!!!
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
          X