Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shocks & mot

Hi all,
    fitted monroe shocks in the rear of the surf back in April. Went for the mot during the week & got a advisory against the shocks saying, "has a slightly reduced damping effect".
    Though I've done a search here, & not found the answer I was looking for, I'm sure I've read it here somewhere that this is not a unusual problem. i.e., the set up of the system leads to different examination results from different mot inspectors.
    What, if I remember correctly reading here somewhere, is that someone had just fitted new shocks for their mot & was subsequently failed on them.
    Was wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

www.grovegarage.co.uk

Ignore it. Hes obviously one of those testers who feels that he has to say something or hes failed to do his job. Ive had "daft" advisories which Ive ignored, and the following year , never been mentioned by the same tester.
    Thats a spur of the moment opinion, rather than an advisory. Reduced damping effect compared to what ??. Proper advisories tend to deal more in verifiable facts.

Bogus
    Сви можемо

Comment

Short of taking them off and maually pressing each one to compare them, I'd leave it if it was just an advisory, some times MOT people like to put something on the forms for good impressions.

I lay good money next year it won't get mentioned.

Bounce each corner of the truck, let go of it on the up stroke, its should go up and settle down to ride height without bouncing
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Cheers guys.
        I wasn't gonna touch them anyhow. They were good when I replaced all 4 in April. I haven't really done anything to warrant any wear as drastic as the examiner may indicate. The surfs passed for another year. Got a couple of other things that need more urgent attention. Always the way.........
        www.grovegarage.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X