Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd Gen A bar bolts

Bit of an idiot question but...

I have the factory A bar for a 3rd gen but, alas, no bolts. Does any one happen to know what grade/ pitch/ diameter bolts should be used?

Cheers!

anyones that fit will work
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

mine seems to fit over the transport hooks, which have already got the nuts welded to them, so I'll need to match the pitch and diameter of the nuts it seems!

Comment

Originally posted by leighh View Post
        mine seems to fit over the transport hooks, which have already got the nuts welded to them, so I'll need to match the pitch and diameter of the nuts it seems!
        I still need help on this one, if any one can be of assistance? M8 is too small, while M10 is (just) to big. I've tried coarse and fine threads of imperial diameters, with no luck as well so I'm guessing that it must be a fine threaded M10? Unfortunately I can't find any where real that sells them and I don't want to buy a whole box online if that isn't right!

Comment

Difficult one mate, i seem to remember they are fine thread but no idea of pitch/size etc, what i'd do is either contact "stormforce" who regularly breaks these trucks see if he's got owt knocking about or find an small engineering firm near you, see if they can help if you took the truck along to them, some of these guys are very helpfull, i use to go to a firm in ports "J W Tout" who always seemd to be able to come up with whatever nuts/bolts/bracketry i wanted, plus theres always the scrapyard, trial and error
          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Ask Terry (lordlucan) as he did have a 3rd gen breaker
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Cheers guys, I'll get on that then.

Comment

Working...
              X