32" rubber, what does it take?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
    If I was writing a full reply, I would copy TonyN's text and paste it here. He is textbook, but I haven't experienced any rubbing he talks about...

....Needed wheel spacers to fit the 32's without rubbing.....
    huh?

Originally posted by clys View Post
    I agree, thanks Tony. Sledge is running that exact tire size on his KZN185 and said he's only got a 2" body lift?
    I think you'll find 3rd Gens can run bigger tyres that 2nd Gens due to larger wheel arch openings, I also think the stock tyre size is one up from 2nd gens fromt the start, but not sure.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
      huh?
      Oops. I meant in terms of front arch or inner wing etc. Because of the small offset of the wheels I have, they "just" touched the chassis rail area on full lock.
      And the tyres do look a lot better set to the outside of the arches....!
      "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
      www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Again, thanks for the reply's guys, I'll start out with the roughtrax 2" lift and go from there, anything else I have to consider when doing a 2" body lift?

I know I'll have to:

-Extend the shift levers (transfer case and manual trans lever)
        -Relocate front bumper
        -Remove lower fan shroud

Will I need extended brake lines with a 2" suspension and 2" body lift?

Comment

Originally posted by clys View Post
          Will I need extended brake lines with a 2" suspension and 2" body lift?
          Not really, although a 1" block under the rear brake line splitter on the back axle is a good idea if you're going to offroad it.

Its not a bad idea to get braided hoses front and back, they are normally longer than stock to allow for lifts.

Try cutting the shifter opening a little if you don't fancy extending the levers.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

my mate next door has a 2.5" lift and 33's with no probs
            http://www.mudmuppet.com

Comment

Working...
            X